Ingredients For custard Milk – 1 liter Sugar – 200 grams Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp Egg – 10 pcs For Caramel Sugar – 150 grms Water – 50 grms A bit of lemon juice Lemon for baking Directions
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 F
- Start Making the caramel by adding the sugar and water to a pot without touching the edges. Do not stir it or move the pot and remain close by to watch it till its golden brown. Don’t stir it by spoon just a small shake from time to time till it’s ready.
- Remove from the heat and pour it into your cake pan ensuring you cover the whole base by moving the pan around (carefully as the pan will get hot) let it sit and cool completely.
- For custard blend together eggs, sugar, milk and the vanilla extract, then strain the mixture.
- Pour the custard on top of the caramel.
- Place the pan in a larger baking dish and add boiling water half way up the pan’s edge
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes. Check the custard at around 38 minutes by insert a knife in the middle. It should come out mostly clean with a few streaks (not with little clumps).
- Take it out and allow it to cool at room temperature inside the water bath.
- Place it in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight
- When ready to serve, run a knife along the edge pressing against the edge of the pan to avoid cutting into the custard
- Place a plate with a raised edge on top of the pan and flip!