Ingredients 1 kilo of dry chickpeas 2 med potatoes 10cm Leek the white part 4 gloves Garlic 1 large Onions Half cup chopped Green Coriander 1 tbsp Falafel spices ½ tsp Crushed black pepper ½ tsp Ground white pepper Salt to taste 1 tsp Ground coriander 1 tsp Ground cumin Sesame optional 1 tbsp Baking soda Directions
- Soak dry chickpeas in water overnight.
- In a meat grinder, combine all ingredients. Pulse until mixture is course and mealy – not over blend.
- Add the baking soda and mix it well.
- Form mixture into falafel balls about 2” in diameter, squeezing to compact. Transfer to chill in the refrigerator while oil heats.
- In a pot, heat 1” vegetable oil until a drop of water added to the oil sizzles and pops.
- Fry falafels on med heat until golden, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and season immediately with salt and serve hot.