Ingredients For the dough
- Flour- 3cup
- Butter- Half a cup
- Ghee- Half a cup
- Cardamom crushed- pinch
- Salt- A pinch
- Yeast- 1 teaspoon
- baking powder- 2tsp
- warm milk or water- Three quarters of a cup
- Date paste- 500gm
- Ghee- 1 tsp
- Cardamom- A Pinch
- A pinch of ground anise seeds is optional
- A Pinch of ground fennel seeds is optional
- A pinch of rose water is optional
- Sesame seeds to decorate the face optional
- Egg yolk with a bit cream for egg wash
- Put the flour In a bowl add melted ghee and butter, rub it between your hands till is form wet texture, add crushed cardamom, baking powder.
- dissolve the yeast in the room temperature milk, then add it to the mixture.
- Mix well and prepare like a dough. Cover it and Rest for some time
- Mix the date paste with ghee, butter, cardamom powder and some rose water. Mix it well and keep aside
- Prepare the balls with dough and dates mix.
- Press the dough and keep the dates mix inside. And shape as you like and arrange in a baking try
- Mix the egg yolk and cream and brush the kletsha with it, sprinkle with sesame seed optional.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200*c for seven minutes to 10 min