Maamoul Mad with Kashta
- Semolina- 1kg
- Sugar- 125 gm
- Soft Ghee- 350 gm
- Baking soda 0.5 tsp
- Sugar syrup- 3/4 cups
- Water- 350 gm
- Kashta – 1.5 kgs
- Mohalabiya 750 ml
- Pistachio optional
- In a bowl add semolina and ghee mix with your fingertips, add sugar and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Mix the sugar syrup and water the add the backing soda mix well and pour into the semolina mixture
- Mix well till it forms homogenous soft dough. Divide the dough into 2part
- Spread the ghee in another baking try, add the first part of semi dough and make a thin layer.
- Mix the kashta with the preperd mohalabiya, spread as the second layer. Sprinkle with crushed pistachio
- Roll the second part of the dough between 2 plastic sheets.
- Bake it at 200*c for 20 minutes