Ingredients Dough: Fine semolina- 160gm All purpose flour: 330gm Ghee- ¾ cup Extra virgin olive oil- ¾ cup Milk powder-1cup Icing Sugar- ¾ cup Mahalab powder- 1tsp Mastic- 4 pieces grounded with 1 tsp of caster sugar Roasted sesame seeds – 2tsp Roasted black seeds- 2tsp Yeast- 2gm Anise seeds water- 250gm Filling: Date paste: 1kg Nuts of your choice: 50 gm ( optional) Anise seed powder: 1 TBSP Mahalab powder: ¼ tsp Cinnamon powder: ½ tsp Rose water: Splash of water Olive oil: 3 TBSP Directions
- In a large bowl, Put the fine semolina, flour, ghee, sesame seeds, black seeds and olive oil. Mix all ingredients well with the tips of your fingers.
- Then add the milk powder, sugar, mahalab and mastic.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest for 6 hours at room temperature.
- Boil the anise seed in water and let it cool down.
- Strain the water, keep the water aside.
- After 6 hours, take some of the anise water and dissolve the yeast.
- Finally add the water to the mixture. Mix it until the dough is formed nicely. (Do not knead the dough) Let it rest for 20 minutes
- For the filling, mix all ingredients together and forms it into a round shape like a little ball
- Take some dough in the palm of your hand, flatten it along the filing ball to form a triangle. (please refer to the video)
- Decorate with a fork by making holes.
- Place it on a baking sheet, and bake it in a pre heated oven 200 degrees Celsius for 10 -12 minutes