- Red small lentil (Local or organic)- 2 cup
- Coarse brown burghul (Preferably broken)- 1 cup
- Chopped red onion (Local or Indian)- 2 cup
- Olive oil- 1/3 cup
- Veg oil- 1/3 cup
- Salt- to taste
- In a pot of boiling water add washed lentils. Leave the pot open. When its 80% cooked drain and keep its liquid.
- Heat the olive and veg oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat, sauté the onions with some salt until onions are very dark brown in color
- Add the drained liquid from the lentils and let it boil
- Add the cooked lentils and bulgur slowly stirring the mixture.
- When the water is reduced cover the saucepan and cook over very low heat for 25-30 minutes.
- Let the lentil rest for 10 minutes. Serve hot